Did you know? There are free and highly effective ways to improve your Google ranking. Waseem Saddique Marketing Services provides a few pointers to guide you up Google’s search listings.
There is no reason why SMEs cannot reap the benefits of search engine optimisation (SEO) even if they do not completely understand what it is.
Waseem Saddique explains SEO: “For those individuals who don’t know their SEO from their CEO, it is simply a method of improving the ranking of your business in the Google search algorithm.”
Improving your SEO strategy will ultimately aid a business in moving up the rankings in Google’s search results. According to the CEO of Achieve Visibility, Sonam Lama, there are several quick fix techniques that a business can utilise in order to improve their Google ranking. The great part about them is that they are free and simple to execute.
Waseem Saddique Marketing Services echoes Lama’s techniques. Here are 5 top tips to improving your Google ranking in 2014:
1. Utilise Wordpress – Waseem Saddique states: “Wordpress is arguably the most effective SEO-friendly blogging platform available. It’s perhaps also the best content management system around when it comes to implementing an effective SEO strategy.”
Wordpress is now in widespread use as an alternative to outdated website platforms, which most businesses still tend to use, as it helps to boost SEO efforts.
2. Carry Out Keyword Research – Keyword research is the foundation of SEO and improving your position on Google’s search listings, and all the other primary search engine facilities.
Waseem Saddique comments: “After creating a Wordpress site the next essential step is to identify at least three relevant keywords you would like to target and use them effectively throughout the content of your Wordpress site. Avoid keyword ‘stuffing’, but just as importantly don’t under use your keywords. Standard keyword density currently stands at between 3 % and 5%”.
3. Onsite Optimisation – Failing to distribute your keywords evenly throughout your site will hinder your chances of climbing the Google rankings. Keyword stuffing is a common problem and unfortunately Google penalises excessive use of keywords, considering them to be spam. So ensure that your site is optimised to the density rating provided above.
4. Register With Google Places – Once you have balanced your site with the correct density of keywords, it’s a good idea to register with Google Places, a free facility for listing details about your business.
Waseem Saddique comments: “Being listed on Google Places strengthens your position on Google’s search listings. Google Places is simple to use, requiring just basic information about your business such as phone number, address and hours of business.”
What’s great about Google Places is that is also allows you to include a few keywords that are relevant to your business, enabling you to enhance your prominence on Google, and all other major search engines, even more.
You can improve your ranking even more with Google Places with the inclusion of photographs and by requesting reviews from your customers.
5. Back Linking - Finally, once you’ve completed all the steps above, back linking provides the final piece of the puzzle for improving your Google ranking.
Waseem Saddique states: “Some of the best back linking methods include social bookmarking and profile submissions on high page ranking sites. These two methods alone allow you to create a valuable back link to your own site, increasing its value and relevancy, especially in the ‘eyes’ of Google.”
Formed in 2007, Waseem Saddique Marketing Services has consistently provided small to medium enterprises, as well as larger corporate firms, with a range of digital marketing & online solutions.